What is coffee?
Many people prefer coffee instead of tea or other hot drinks. The coffee tree has evergreen leaves. It is a common drink that is obtained from roasted and ground coffee plant seeds. A plant from the coffee family that more than a third of the world’s people drink every day.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of drinking coffee?
Coffee beans are rich in antioxidants. Researchers have confirmed that one cup of coffee has more antioxidants than the same amount of grape, raspberry and orange juice. In addition, the phenolic compounds in coffee are more than tea and cocoa, which are known as two phenolic sources.
Prevention of Parkinson’s
Many studies show that regular coffee consumption has the power to reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
Reduce liver damage
Drinking three or more cups of coffee a day can reduce the progression of chronic hepatitis C.
People who consume coffee a lot (4 cups or more per day) are 25% less likely to develop kidney and gallstones than people who do not drink this drink. Drinking at least one cup of coffee a day reduces the risk of this disease by 10%.
Reducing the possibility of gout
People who drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day are 40% less likely to develop gout than low coffee drinkers.
Caffeine is a stimulant. Many studies show the positive effects of caffeine on alertness and attention.
Those who drink coffee throughout their lives will develop Alzheimer’s disease later.
Due to the invigorating properties of coffee, it is an anti-depressant.
Drinking a cup of coffee often relieves headaches.
- Coffee prevents tooth decay due to a substance called tannin.
- Having chlorogenic acid can reduce the risk of liver cancer by 49% and irregular coffee consumption can reduce the risk of liver cancer by 29%.
- Drinking a cup of coffee during the day reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Smelling coffee beans can bring back lost appetite after cooking.
- Coffee molecules, with their special kinetic movements, separate the food molecules from the olfactory receptors of the nose and thus cause the appetite to return.
- According to the latest research of scientists, frequent consumption of coffee during the month is associated with a reduction in the risk of cholangitis (liver disease).
- Coffee contains a protein that has the same effect as morphine and has analgesic and sedative properties. Some of these proteins are similar to human proteins.
- In experiments conducted on laboratory mice, it was found that the soothing effects of proteins called opioid peptides are more durable and are not associated with side effects.
- Italian researchers studied 1,400 adults in this country and found that the habit of drinking less coffee is beneficial for maintaining brain health.
Disadvantages and disadvantages of coffee consumption in the body
With all these words, it cannot be said that coffee is the best of all drinks.
Some of its effects are harmful;
Caffeine consumption leads to the release of stress hormones. If you are a stressed or anxious person, it is better to reduce your coffee consumption.
Coffee speeds up digestion. Therefore, people with sensitive intestines should avoid drinking coffee.
Coffee also increases the secretion of stomach acid: if you suffer from gastroesophageal reflux, gastritis or peptic ulcer, be aware of the amount of coffee you drink. Coffee also reduces the absorption of iron by the body. Therefore, drinking coffee is not recommended for those suffering from anemia.
In addition, a high dose of caffeine is dangerous during pregnancy. Therefore, pregnant women are advised to limit their coffee consumption to two cups a day. This amount of coffee is allowed if no other caffeinated beverages are used.
And finally, you should know that caffeine increases the heart rate. So, if you are taking medicine for heart rhythm problems, be aware of the amount of coffee you consume.
How much coffee is consumed?
Nutritionists recommend that you limit drinking it to two cups of brewed coffee or three cups of instant coffee (Nescafe) a day.
It is worth mentioning that you should know about the amount of caffeine that reaches the body through this drink, that by drinking a cup of regular coffee, 115 mg of caffeine and with a cup of Nescafe, 65 mg of caffeine and by drinking a cup of decaffeinated coffee again The equivalent of 3 mg of caffeine enters the body.
Therefore, it can be said that caffeine is not completely separated from coffee under any circumstances, but its amount is minimized.
You must have heard many properties about this drink. So far, coffee has been proven to improve fatigue and depression, increase body metabolism and reduce asthma attacks.
In this way, the caffeine in coffee increases the speed of information processing in the brain by 10%, and drinking a cup of coffee after lunch prevents lethargy after eating at noon.
In addition, it is necessary to know that this drink can be used to reduce depression and anxiety. At the same time, coffee increases the body’s metabolism speed and breaks down fats and significantly increases the metabolism in the cells.
But pay attention to the fact that you should not consume more than six cups of coffee in one day.
During a study in America and Italy, it was seen that drinking coffee regularly in asthma patients reduces asthma attacks in them.
It seems that the best and safest way is to observe moderation in the consumption of this controversial and pleasant drink. People who suffer from high blood pressure or heart palpitations, as well as pregnant women, should not consume too much coffee.